UD445 UD445: Ellicott 1170
The 1170 is a 16" (400mm) cutterhead dredge that offers good production rates for dredgingdepths up to 33' (10M) .
It incorporates the following features:
• Dredge is equipped with two (2) separate diesel engines, with one (1) totallydedicated to the dredge pump for high production rates.
• The 1170 is relatively compact and is fairly easy to tow and maneuver in confined areas. It can be rapidly mobilized and deployed.
• As the capital investment cost is relatively low, its acquisition can be justifed basedon low utilization rates.
• With a moderate physical size and emphasis on simple, straightforward controls,training is easy. It can be operated by a crew that is not exclusively dedicated to thedredge.
• Dredge productivity can be increased substantial in conned area dredging withthe use of an optional spud carriage.
Typical uses of the 1170 are medium size navigation projects in ports, harbors rivers, andinland waterways.